Monday, June 7, 2010

Peer Pressure

First things first. I went to the gym today (yay). Did an hour on the elliptical. It got hard towards the end (showing me how out of shape I've gotten) but music kept me going. So now I'm looking at 2/15. Good. I should be able to make that goal.

The weekend was fun. Went to a friends birthday party where my nothing but water plans got derailed. I was very sneaky and good in the beginning. I had told her beforehand about my goal and that I wouldn't be drinking. Her response "but it's my birthday, you have to!". I know better than to argue so for the first part of the night, I just pretended to drink but I was really just drinking water. This worked well until she insisted on having the waitress make a special drink for me.

I got out of that by handing it to someone else as soon as she walked away. She came back and asked where the drink was and I told her I had finished it but then another friend told her I didn't drink it. She started to get upset that she had gotten a drink just for me, and it was her birthday and... (she was drunk) so to shut her up, I bought her a shot and had one with her.  Figured calorie wise, it was better to have a shot than a mixed drink.

This is an interesting experiment because when I chose this goal I thought it would be quite easy to achieve but it's only the 7th day of the month and I've broken it twice. Oh well, I guess it's making me more aware of what I'm drinking.

I'm going to try to up my water intake because lately I've felt a little dehydrated and that makes me crave "refreshing" drinks which in my head are things like lemonade and iced tea.

Advertising works y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts...Advice...Comments