Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Where are the succesful bloggers?

Yesterday I had an "i don't give a damn" day and blew my calories. Haven't totaled yet but I'm pretty sure I'm over by at least a 1000. That's what you get when you polish off a half packet of "le petit ecolier" and 3 sun chips (those things are very high calorie for being a "healthy" chip).

I kind of know why, I decided I was not going to eat out for lent and so I'm not allowed to buy food (healthy or not). I've been so busy at work that I end up feeling to lazy to cook or go grocery shopping. So i end up eating the free chips at work. Someone smack me.

Anyway, I started looking around for inspiration. I realized that for the past 2 years or so as I've been reading weight-loss blogs, no one I follow has been very successful. Even my weight loss (39lbs!) has been on the slow side. Mary is still about the same weight from when I started reading, Skinny nurse opted for WLS,  Crys keeps going back and forth. The list keeps going on and on. The ones that are doing well, I found at the end of their journey (ErikaCarbie girl). They have good tips (Especially Erika) but that's not what I want to read. I want to read about current fat/overweight people who are in the process of losing weight. So every week or so, they are talking about weight loss. Obviously some weeks there will be slip ups, but people who are trending down. I'm tired of reading people who lose 3 gain 5, lose 4, gain 3 and end up at the same place.

Ex-hot girl is the type of blog I like. She went from 220s to about 178ish where she is and is currently fighting for 145. I wish I found her blog closer to the beginning of her journey so I could have a buddy. If anyone has recommendations let me know. I know it was a commenter that introduced me to Erika's blog so I'm sure you know some.

It's more interesting to do this with someone

1 comment:

  1. Hi girl! Thanks for the comment on my page. Let's definitely be weight loss buddies :)I just started in January-ish but I'm so motivated to get this weight off! I'm at 182 now, with a goal of 135 this year. I'm 5'3 and a size 10/12

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts...Advice...Comments